Terms and Conditions
- By entering our events the participant agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions, Race Rules, Cancellation and Transfer & Withdrawal policies.
- The participant understands the events are of a strenuous nature. The participant also understands the medical & physical risks involved and by entering they agree that they are capable of competing in the event.
- The participant agrees that they are solely responsible for their actions and the Event Organiser, its officers, employee, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the event.
- The participant accepts that the organisers & their friends & associates are not liable for any loss, damage, claim, injury (including fatal) or expense that may arise in consequence of their participation in any of the UK Triathlon events.
- The participant agrees to comply with all race rules, instructions and guidelines given by officials, marshals and safety officials and agrees that the Event Organiser will organise and run the event and will have sole authority and the final decision relating to the safety, running and organisation of the event, the event rules, times and placings.
- The participant grants the Event Organiser and authorised third parties permission to use his/her image (moving or still) and voice where applicable in the making of any film or event promotional material.
If you wish to take part in any event whilst pregnant, please supply in writing medical clearance to compete from a qualified GP or qualified health care Professional to firstname.lastname@example.org
Producing the very best events is our passion and to do this we incur costs from the moment we receive your entry. From payment processing, safe and secure administration of your data, forward planning, booking of venues, route preparation to all the hundreds of other things involved in making your experience with us a unique and rewarding occasion.
Entry Fee is non refundable.
Competition rules will be included in the race information e mailed to you 7 to 10 days before the event.
It is the responsibility of the entrant to check the UK Triathlon website if they don't receive the race information email and it is also their responsibility to check their junk emails in case the email has been put there by the email programme.
- It is also the responsibility of all competitors to check the start list 7 days prior to the event to make sure they are on the start list and their details are correct.
- Diving, tumble turns or back stroke are not permitted any time during your swim.
- An approved safety standard cycle helmet must be worn (no helmet no race).
- Cycles must be in a road worthy condition and may be checked prior to the start.
- Competitors agree to ride their cycle in a responsible manner and obey the Highway Code, please consider other road users and above all RIDE SAFELY. Irresponsible cycling will constitute an immediate disqualification and possible prosecution from the police.
- Competitors are responsible for navigating the courses correctly & safely.
- Personal music systems are not permitted at anytime during our events for your safety.
- The organisers reserve the right to alter the format of an event without prior notice should the need arise.
- Competitors are responsible for safe guarding all clothing and equipment at the event.
- Results will be available Monday/Tuesday following the event on the official website.
Minimum age for events.
- Ultimate & Ultimate Half - 18 years old on race day.
- All Olympic distance events - 17 years old on race day
- Sprint, Super Sprint & Fun distance events - 16 years old on race day.
- Sprint, Super Sprint & Fun distance events at Birmingham & South Coast - 14 years on race day
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
We understand very occasionally it may be necessary for you to withdraw or transfer your entry. For the good of all competitors our transfer and withdrawal policy below is strictly adhered to and no exceptions are made for illness, injury or pregnancy.
Cancellations and transfers must be made in writing either by e mail to email@example.com or post to UK Triathlon, Unit 20 Cockshades Farm, Stock Lane, Wybunbury, Cheshire, CW5 7HA. Please provide your full name, the event entered and order number.
- Entry Fees are non refundable
- Notification over 30 days before event date - 100% of your entry fee will be issued via a credit note valid for 2 years.
- Notification over 10 days before event date - 50% of your entry fee will be issued via credit note valid for 2 years.
- Notification 10 days and less before an event date - we operate a strict no refund or transfer policy.
- If a participant withdraws from an event and used a credit note as payment, credit will only be reimbursed to the original use by date
- The organisers reserve the right to alter the format of an event without prior notice should the need arise.
UK Triathlon reserves the right to change the date or time of the Event due to inclement weather or outside influences that are beyond their control. UK Triathlon shall notify the Competitor of any such change as soon as reasonably practicable. If the Competitor is unable to attend on the revised date, he/she may withdraw from the Event but will not receive a refund of the Entry Fee. For the avoidance of doubt UK Triathlon reserves the right to alter the date or start time of the Event and shall notify the Competitor of any such change as soon as reasonably practicable. No refund of the Entry Fee will be made in full or in part as a result of any change in the date or start time of the Event.
As a competing athlete for a UK Triathlon event you will:
- Treat all competitors and the general public with dignity and respect, everyone must be respected as an equal
- Not discriminate against an individual or group on any grounds, including age, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, disability, race, occupation religion or political persuasion
- Challenge discrimination in whatever form it takes
- Recognise that bullying, harassment, and physical violence will not be tolerated
- You should always display courtesy, good behaviour as well as good manners towards others at all times
- Avoid swearing, abusive language, and irresponsible behaviour, this includes behaviour to yourself and/or others
- Avoid destructive behaviour by leaving the event as you would find it
- When leaving the event, please make sure you have not left any rubbish behind, please make sure you place any rubbish in bins provided by the organisers
- Report any poor behaviour by others
- Always adhere to the rules set down by the organiser and the governing body
- Adhere to British Triathlon competition rules and British Triathlon code of Ethics
- Always cooperate with the technical officials, failure to do so could result in a disqualification
If any inappropriate behaviour were to take place during a UK Triathlon event, it will result in instant disqualification from the event as well as being reported to the governing body (British Triathlon Federation, UK Athletics).
UK Triathlon (‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our website and signing up to our events (our ‘services’). Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER PEOPLE
- YOUR RIGHTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Please note that our services may contain links to websites or apps that are owned and operated by third parties. These websites and apps will have their own privacy policies that govern the collection and use of your personal information which you should review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites so your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Types of information we may collect about you
When you sign up to our services, such as our events, regular newsletters, enter competitions or order products we may ask for personal information about you. This can include information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different services may ask for different types of information.
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent you are not allowed to give us your information.
Here is some more specific detail about the information we may collect:
Information you give to us:
information that you provide by filling in forms on our services. This includes information provided at the time of registering, subscribing to any services, posting material, filling in a survey or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our services
Information about your use of our website:
- Session Cookies – we use Session Cookies to operate our Service
- Preference Cookies – we use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
- Security Cookies – we use Security Cookies for security purposes
Information about the device you are using:
we may collect information about the device you use to access our website. We may also collect information about your use of the website such as what pages you look at and what elements you tap or pages you interact with
Information about transactions:
If you purchase something from us, we will make a record of the details of that transaction
if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
How we look after your information
Your information will be processed by staff where it is necessary to fulfil an order, process payment details or provide you with other support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security and when giving us your information you do so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. If you choose to opt-out of receiving communications from us, your record will stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
How we use your information
We will use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to send details and updates of the event you have entered
- to meet product orders, requests for services or information and to process payments* and any other requests you make of us;
- to send you carefully selected special offers and promotions from the service you are using by email. You can opt-out of these marketing messages at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to implement this change in your preferences. You will always be given a straightforward way to opt out of our marketing messages each time you receive a communication from us;
- we may use your IP address to identify your location, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- if we need to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
- to tell you about changes to our service;
- to personalise or improve the way our content and advertising is presented to you online:
- to analyse and improve the services we offer e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience or the most relevant information;
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
- to keep our records up to date;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary);
- to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf;
- to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter). This may involve showing you carefully selected special offers and promotions;
We provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processor we work with is:
Sharing your information with others.
Generally, we will only use your information within UK Triathlon in order to provide the service/product you have requested.
We will only disclose your information to third parties where we need to do so in order to provide a service you have requested or improve the service that you receive. We will also disclose your information to third parties when the disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Please note that if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our services, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your information to stop such behaviour. In this instance we may use your information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We require all third parties with whom we share your information to treat it with the same protection we do. Unless you consent we also require that they do not use your information for their own business purposes.
These third parties have access to your information only to perform requested tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose;
Your rights and further information
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 t you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
UK Triathlon, Unit 20 Cockshades Farm, Stock Lane, Wybunbury, Cheshire, CW5 7HA United Kingdom
- Tel: +44(0)1270 842 800
- Email: email@example.com
- Last updated: May 2019